From DDI: Complete Post through this link…
e Michigan Developmental Disabilities Institute (MI-DDI) is collaborating with the Wayne State University School of Medicine to train medical students. The goal is to improve the abilities of future healthcare providers to understand the unique needs of families who have children with disabilities. Your family will help prepare the professional physicians of tomorrow!
Who can participate?
To participate, you must:
– Have a child with a disability under the age of 26 years
– Take part in two 45-60 minute virtual or in-person home meetings
What will families receive?
For your participation, you will receive:
– A $75 stipend
– A confidential family quality of life assessment
– Information about resources to assist your family
– A small gift for your child for participating