By Christy Bieber, J.D.: Complete Post through this link…
Table of Contents
- What Is a Presumptive Disability?
- How Can a Presumptive Disability Help You Get Social Security Benefits?
- What Conditions Are Considered Presumptive Disabilities?
- Getting Help With a Social Security Disability Benefits Claim
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you become disabled and cannot work, you may be eligible for Social Security benefits. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to qualify for disability benefits and it can sometimes take months to get your claim approved and for your checks to start coming.
If you have a presumptive disability, however, things move much faster and it is quicker and simpler to start getting the benefits you need to support yourself. But what exactly is a presumptive disability?
This guide explains what a presumptive disability is, why it matters for your benefits claim and how to tell if your condition fits within this category.