From MDDI: For Complete Post, Click Here…
Learn more about independent facilitation at our free informational webinar (pdf) on November 2! You can also register for our two-day Independent Facilitator virtual training (pdf) on December 6 and 8.
The Michigan Developmental Disabilities Institute offers training to prepare individuals to serve as Independent Facilitators.
Independent facilitation is part of the person-centered planning process. It assures you that you have an ally in directing your person-centered planning meeting.
What does an Independent Facilitator do?
- Conduct a pre-meeting to identify a person’s strengths and needs
- Organize a fun, yet productive, planning process
- Record information in an understandable, concise format
- Encourage brainstorming, problem-solving, and action steps
- Assist in locating community resources
- Use person-centered planning tools to facilitate the planning process
MI-DDI has prepared the following “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQ) documents to share more information about Independent Facilitation:
- Independent Facilitation FAQ 1.0 (pdf): General information on Independent Facilitation
- Independent Facilitation FAQ 2.0 (pdf): Questions received at the MI-DDI quarterly webinars on Independent Facilitation
Independent Facilitation Infographic
If you would like to learn more about how independent facilitation works in the person-centered planning process, please click the link below to view and download an infographic in PDF format outlining the process:
View an independent facilitation infographic.
How to Find an Independent Facilitator Near You
If you would like to find a trained indepedent facilitator near where you live, please visit the webpage linked below. You can browse independent facilitators by the county in which they live and work.