From MHAM: For Complete Post, Click Here…
This Question, Persuade, and Refer (QPR) Gatekeeper Training for Suicide Prevention session is provided by a Hope Network certified QPR trainer and co-hosted with The Mental Health Association in Michigan.
Gatekeepers can include anyone who is strategically positioned to recognize and refer someone at risk of suicide (e.g., parents, friends, neighbors, teachers, coaches, caseworkers, police officers).
The process follows three steps:
- Question the individual’s desire or intent regarding suicide
- Persuade the person to seek and accept help, and
- Refer the person to appropriate resources
Participants will learn:
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone who may be suicidal
- How to get help for yourself or learn more about preventing suicide
- The common causes of suicidal behavior
- The warning signs of suicide
- How to get help for someone in crisis
- All participants receive a QPR E-Booklet and Resources upon completion of the training
- All participants who fully participate will receive a certificate of attendance