Disability Rights Michigan:

Transition School to Work/Adult Life

From DRM: For Complete Post, Click Here…

What Are Transition Services?

Transition services are available for students eligible for special education and 504 services. They are meant to create a smooth pathway for a young person to move from high school to a successful adult life. Transition services can include work-based learning, internships, career exploration, self-assessments, workplace readiness, and counseling.

Why Is Transition Important?

Transition planning confirms a plan is in place for taking the “next step”. These services help students with disabilities and their families think about life after high school.

Who Provides Transition Services For Students With Disabilities?

  • Your student’s school
  • Vocational Rehabilitation Services
    • Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS)
    • Bureau for Services for Blind Persons (BSBP)
  • Service providers (CMH)

All entities collaborate to provide transition services to your student

Leave a Reply