From NFB: For Complete Post, Click Here…
Support this effort with a contribution. Depending on your location, there are several ways to help blind Ukrainians. Select the option that best works for you.
- For contributions within the United States: Give using the National Federation of the Blind contribution form.
- For contributions outside the United States: Give using the World Blind Union contribution form. (PayPal option available)
- Or, you can call 240-885-7246 and leave a message with your name, phone number, location, and how much you are pledging to contribute. A representative from World Blind Union will call you back in the coming days. Please do not share your credit card information on voicemail.
Thank you for your support. Tune into We’re With U!
Access We’re With U! Concert
On Saturday, April 16, at 2 p.m. eastern time the global online blind community is joining together for a benefit concert to help blind Ukrainian refugees. From a cappella, three-part harmony, Mozart and Chopin, Cole Porter to rap, hear musicians from the USA, UK, Canada, France, Spain, Romania, Ireland, India, Singapore, Germany, the Caribbean, and more!
Access to tune into the event will be in many places. Mushroom FM has donated its resources to be the host broadcaster for We’re With U!
- Mushroom FM has an accessible online player. It is available in all radio directories including Apple Music. It has its own Alexa skill and Google Home action. You can also tell Siri to Play Mushroom FM.
- Access the stream on NFB-NEWSLINE or by opening the Nation’s Blind skill on Amazon devices.
World Blind Union Ukrainian Unity Fund
On March 20, 2022, the World Blind Union announced the establishment of the Ukrainian Unity Fund.
Many in the Federation family have been asking if there is something we can do specifically to help blind people impacted by the horrific invasion happening in Ukraine. We have connected with the World Blind Union and our friends in the global community of blind people and have identified an important effort we intend to support. If you are a blind person who has been displaced from Ukraine, please reach out to our general information email, and we will attempt to connect you with available resources. While our organization operates in the United States, we want to use our extensive network of love and support at this important time.