From Stop The Wait: For Complete Post, Click Here…
Social Security Disability Insurance exclusions are bankrupting and killing us.
Stop The Wait is the movement of Americans fighting to end these exclusions.
COVID-19 is forcing thousands out of work and on to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). Many of us have disabilities that will prevent us from working again.
SSDI is a lifeline that we depend on to pay rent and buy food.
But the current system denies us SSDI for the first five months after we get sick, insurance benefits we have earned.
These exclusion periods are bankrupting and killing us. In the last 10 years, 110,000 people have died while waiting for disability insurance.
We’re telling Congress: End the five-month SSDI exclusion.
Read our open letter to Congress
We, the Stop the Wait Coalition members, write to ask you to give eligible people with disabilities access to the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Medicare benefits they have earned…Show full letter…
Share your story
We’re collecting personal stories from people affected by the unjust SSDI exclusion periods.
Sign up, briefly tell us your story, and we’ll be in touch to help you get the word out! Share your story
- @Stop_The_WaitEven after being determined to be eligible for SSDI, people are denied payments for the first five months. People with disabilities are dying while they wait for the benefits they earned. Join us:
- @Stop_The_WaitJoin us to end the five-month exclusion period for Social Security Disability Insurance #SSDI. Arbitrarily withholding payments from people with disabilities who have paid into SSDI is just cruel. Visit:
- @Stop_The_Wait“Under current government regulations, metastatic breast cancer patients are subject to a five-month waiting period for Social Security Disability Insurance and a 24-month waiting period for Medicare benefits to kick in” Join us:
- @Stop_The_WaitWe need to do better-Including ending the 5-month wait for #SSDI payments for people with disabilities. Join us: “people’s disabilities often don’t figure, especially when they’re less noticeable — like mental health illness.”
- @Stop_The_WaitDid you know there is a five-month waiting period for SSDI payments and a 24-month waiting period for Medicare once approved? These arbitrary delays cause undue harm to people with disabilities. We need to do better. Sign up to receive updates:
About Stop The Wait
Social Security Disability exclusions are bankrupting and killing us. Stop The Wait is the movement of Americans fighting to end these exclusions.