From MAF: For Complete Post, click here…
|Wed, Oct 27, 2021 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT|
Join Michigan Alliance for Families for “Rethinking Guardianship: Facilitating Lifelong Self-Determination with Dohn Hoyle from The Arc Michigan This workshop covers guardianship from a historical perspective, strangers as guardians, and alternatives to guardianship.
• What are alternatives to guardianship?
• What is power of attorney?
• How can medical and financial decisions be handled?
• What is self-determination?
• What is supported decision making?
• How can we best support students as they transition to adulthood?
Who should attend? Families with a child or young adult with a disability, school staff, other community members
If you need an accommodation to attend this event, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the event.