by Joyce Frieden: For Complete Post, Click Here…
Reaction appears generally positive to the first-year policy priorities on illicit drug use issued last week by the Biden administration, although experts did say they would have added a few more things to the wish list.
Seven Major Priorities
The priorities were released last Thursday by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP). They include:
- Expanding access to evidence-based treatment.
- Advancing racial equity issues in our approach to drug policy.
- Enhancing evidence-based harm reduction efforts.
- Supporting evidence-based prevention efforts to reduce youth substance use.
- Reducing the supply of illicit substances.
- Advancing recovery-ready workplaces and expanding the addiction workforce.
- Expanding access to recovery support services.