From Detroit/Wayne Connect: For Complete Post, Click Here…
Empowerment Education Series: Conflict Resolution
Presenter: Janice Lampman
February 15, 2021
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
This training module was developed by and for Michigan direct support professionals interested in learning more about resolving conflict in their personal lives and work environment. In this session, we will discuss general information about attitude and self-image. You will develop an understanding of conflict and criticism and learn how to use conflict resolution strategies.
- Understand attitude and self-image.
- Learn how to achieve control through self-talk.
- Understand conflict.
- Learn strategies for controlling emotions.
- Understand criticism.
- Learn how to resolve conflict.
- Welcome & Introduction 5 minutes
- Possibilities Video 5 minutes
- Attitude, Self-Image & Causes of Conflict 45 minutes
- Understanding Criticism & Resolving Conflict 45 minutes
- Questions 20 minutes
- Total: 2 hours
– 2 Continuing Education Credits are approved for this training.
Participants must arrive on time and remain in the training for it’s entirety.
– QUALIFIED INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES PROFESSIONALS (QIDP): These training hours meet the MDCH training requirement for QIDP staff. Please refer questions regarding training to Kim Hoga: KHoga1@DWIHN.ORG or 313-402-1908