From Michigan Alliance for Families: For Complete Post, Click Here…
- Thu, Feb 4, 2021 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST
Join Michigan Alliance for Families for Rethinking Guardianship- Facilitating Lifelong Self-Determination with Dohn Hoyle.
This workshop covers guardianship from a historical perspective, strangers as guardians, and alternatives to guardianship.
- What are alternatives to guardianship?
- What is power of attorney?
- How can medical and financial decisions be handled?
- What is self-determination?
- What is supported decision making?
- How can we best support students as they transition to adulthood?
If you need an accommodation to attend this event, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org two weeks prior to the event.