From NCLER: For Entire Post, Go Here…
- Tue, Oct 13, 2020 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
- Show in My Time Zone
The ABLE Act offers the opportunity for 8 million individuals with disabilities to save without effecting means tested benefits.
The ABLE Act builds on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), recognizing the extra, significant costs that come with living with a disability. ABLE accounts empower people to save and invest their funds in a tax-advantaged savings vehicle to cover a wide range of qualified disability expenses, providing for a better future and enhanced quality of life.
Presenters will share:
• How an ABLE account can increase financial independence
• ABLE account basics and the interaction with SSI and Medicaid
• Resources and tools
• Miranda Kennedy, Director, ABLE National Resource Center
• Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ABLE National Resource Center
• Pshon Barrett, Esquire, ADA Group, LLC, Attorneys for Disabled Americans and ABLE account owner and 2020 ABLE NRC Ambassador
A link with access to captions will be shared through GoToWebinar’s chat box before the webcast start time.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of participants, computer audio will be the only option to listen to the presentation. This webcast will be recorded & available on our website. The recording & training materials will also be emailed to all registrants within a few days after the training.