From the VA: For More Info, Go Here…

VA may provide adaptations to a Veteran’s/Servicemember’s residence by the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) under the Home Improvements and Structural Alterations (HISA) grant or the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) under the Specially Adapted Housing (SAH), Special Housing Adaptation (SHA), Temporary Residence Adaptation (TRA); or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) Independent Living (IL) program.

The mission of VA’s Housing Adaptation programs is to adapt and/or modify a Veteran’s/Servicemember’s residence to accommodate their disability or disabilities. Adaptations and/or modifications are individually determined based on the
medical feasibility for the Veteran/Servicemember to reside in their home; continuation with medical treatment and rehabilitation; and capability to live independently in a barrier-free environment. VBA’s SAH program may assist with the purchase of a home to accommodate a Veterans/Servicemembers disability or disabilities.

Leave a Reply