From How To Get On: For More Info, Go Here…
A guide to surviving doctor’s visits with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Going to the doctor is supposed to help you feel better. But if you have ME or CFS, the exertion of leaving your house and going to the doctor can make your symptoms worse. (For days! Or weeks! Or longer!).
This is called “Post Exertional Malaise” or “Post Exertional Neuroimmune Exhaustion”. Some people just call it “crashing.”
Below you will find a great collection of tips and ideas for how to survive days at the doctor.
Why Do We Crash?
- How Exertion Affects People with ME
- Exercise Intolerance (peer-reviewed articles)
- Exercise Intolerance (quotes from ME experts)
- Opposition to Graded Exercise Therapy for ME/CFS
- How Do I Know if I Have ME?
Finding a Doctor
- Some doctors are able to offer visits by phone or skype.
- Some areas have services that offer home doctor visits.
- If home visits, phone, or skype are not possible, we hope some of the ideas on this page will help.
ngd- And a LOT more…