From MDHHS: For More Info, Go Here…
ngd-NFT Services are now a part of the Michigan Medicaid State Plan, and not just a Medicaid Waiver, which should make them much more easily available to people who want to leave nursing homes. This page, I think, is a new more public version of what supports are available to those who want to transition to the community…
Transition Services are Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) authorized through §1915(i) of the Social Security Act to assist nursing facility residents that would like to explore community-based living options.
Transition Services are non-reoccurring expenses necessary to enable an individual that is transitioning from a nursing facility or other institutional setting to the community to establish a basic household and do not constitute room and board.
Services are available to beneficiaries residing in a nursing facility and are offered to assist in securing housing and in facilitating a successful discharge into the community.
To determine eligibility or to receive addiitional information regarding Transition Services contact us at (833)-686-7770 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
One-time Transition Services include:
- Housing and security deposit required to secure adequate accomodations within the community.
- Household needs such as furniture, window coverings, food preparation items and linens.
- Health and safety needs such as pest removal, allergen control and cleaning services.
- Assistance with utility service initiation fees including telephone, electricity, heating and water.
- Various transition supports and services.
Transition Services are offered by an agency: