From “The Health Can’t Wait” Coalition: For More Info, Go Here…
Prior authorization red tape and step therapy delays care and treatment for Michigan patients.
It’s time for a change.
Because health can’t wait.
The Prior Authorization Crisis
by the Numbers
According to the most recent data:
- 73 percent of Michigan physicians report that prior authorization requirements force their patients to wait at least 1 business day before getting the treatment they need.
- 38 percent of Michigan physicians report that prior authorization red tape forces patients to wait 3 or more days before getting the medicine or treatment they need.
- 94 percent of Michigan physicians report that prior authorization red tape causes delays in care for their patients.
- 97.5 percent of all first-time prior authorization requests are eventually approved. In other words, insurers are delaying patients’ access to care for essentially no reason.
- Prior authorization red tape is part of a staggering 92 percent of all care delays.
- 78 percent of physicians trace prescription and treatment non-adherence to prior authorization delays.