From ABLE National Resource Center: For More Info, Go Here…
As the ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) continues to provide consistent, reliable information concerning the benefits of having an ABLE account, this webinar will: review basic rules for funding an ABLE account and cover strategies that could be used to ensure that contributions are easy to make, occur automatically when possible and are available to the ABLE account owner. It will also provide some “tax time” information related to ABLE accounts to enhance your ABLE contributions.
The webinar will cover the following information:
- The basic rules on contributions to ABLE accounts
- If any “person” can contribute – Who qualifies as a “person”?
- Annual contribution limits
- Rollovers into ABLE accounts from other ABLE accounts
- Rollovers into ABLE accounts from 529 college savings accounts
- Identifying money to put in an ABLE account; Methods for making contributions
- Contributions by the designated beneficiary
- Contributions by parents, other third parties
- Contributions from a trust
- Real-life examples of contributions to ABLE accounts from our ABLE Advisors and ABLE NRC Ambassadors
This webinar will take place on Thursday, February 28, 2019, from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET, and will be moderated by Miranda Kennedy, Director, ANRC.
- Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ANRC
- Members of our 2018 ABLE Advisor Team and 2019 ABLE NRC Ambassadors
If you are new to ABLE accounts and need basic information, we encourage you to review:
- The Road Map to Enrollment: This 5-step Roadmap was designed for potential ABLE account holders and their families to learn more about ABLE accounts.
- ABLE Accounts and 10 Things You Should Know: This video and ABLE facts page provide foundational knowledge to help you better understand ABLE.
If you are a current ABLE account owner and would like to learn how to find support to meet your financial goals, we encourage you to review:
- The Road Map to Independence: This 5-step Roadmap was designed to help current ABLE account owners maximize the benefits of having an ABLE account. In particular, the video in Step 2 (click on “learn more”) shows you how to build a circle of support.